I have waited for thy salvation, O Lord. Genesis 49:18
The above confession was uttered by Jacob himself when delivering his prophecy of all his sons. Being a father of many sons that are of various characters and morals, he wished for the salvation of God upon his family. The prelude to the above scripture is Jacob convening his sons that represents the future 12 tribes of Israel. It is like a dying wish or a will for his sons after he is gone. Deep in his heart, he wanted to bless them and seek God’s salvation for them as his final act as a father to the nation of Israel.
1. Reubens (first born), excels in power but like overboiling water.
2 & 3. Twins Simeon and Levi, excels in the art of sword and combat, but are filled with anger, cruel and self righteousness.
4. Judah, the chosen ruler of the people of Israel and bears the ruler’s septer and staff.
5. Zebulun dwell in the sea and controls all the ships that passes.
6. Issachar is a good worker, that shoulder others burden and serve others.
7. Dan is like a serpent and adder that judges and destroy people.
8. Gad is a mighty warrior and general, that fought of enemies.
9. Asher forges empires and yield royal dainties.
10. Naphtali speaks Godly words.
11. Joseph is to be the King of Israel, whom is fruitful, abundant and most blessed above all.
12. Benjamin is like a wolf that devour his prey.